03 450 green or red

Is 03 WR450 going to be a green sticker bike ?

FACT: Not in our wildest dreams.

only if you buy it in canada or tag in another state.

I talked to a Ca. park ranger and he contacted Yamaha directly, Yamahas response... "We have no intention of making the 426 or 450 green sticker, it is a competition race bike, if you want a green sticker buy a TTR"

why even put all the baffles and crap in then. make it a yz and put a spark arrester on it if that is there view.

parx

Tripod, I'm with you 100% about the KTM purchase. I like my WR, but if I get an 03 bike I want to be able to put a California plate on it. Seeing how all 03 Katooms will be green sticker bikes I think I'm going to have to spend the extra money. Eric

CP, good point. If CA. gets serious about the green sticker issue, and I hear they are, The state of California might help KTM sell me a bike, I love the WR but the ability to ride year round and pass DB at 86 might be important enough to switch to KTM and spend $2000 more.

Originally posted by CHris PArks:

why even put all the baffles and crap in then. make it a yz and put a spark arrester on it if that is there view.

parx

Because Enduros have a sound test. Why can't they just make a decent muffler like the Euros?

There is an exhaust system made by a euro company, CRD, that claims 91 dB with bottom and mid gains. They advertise in Dirt Bike but I haven't personally seen one yet. I have been considering buying since I may HAVE to move to California. Totally against my will. Nazi state. Arrgh.

Db is 101 @ 20" 45% from opening . Each bike is run at a certin RPM . 02 wr426 is tested @ 4250 RPM . DR is tested at 4000 . Each is difrent . Next year it will be 96 DB . I should have more info soon . Thunder allie Pipe on DR ran at 100 DB with SA .

Anyone know what the sound level of a stock WR exhaust is with the Vortip installed?

Less than 94DB at Big bear (6800ft)