Float Chamber hose Leak

Just wondered if anyone has had the float chamber hose start to leak for no reason I just bought the bike last year road it twice started to do the free mods the last thing I did was put the YZ throttle stop screw in and today went to start it and gas poured out the hose on the bottom of the carb.

Any suggestions. oh yea its a 06 WR 450

Also can the 08 WR tail light be wired for a brake light ? and is it a LED light?

I plan on putting a 08 tail light on a YZ fender to start my street leagal process.

Thank you all for your suggestions and answers.

Just wondered if anyone has had the float chamber hose start to leak for no reason I just bought the bike last year road it twice started to do the free mods the last thing I did was put the YZ throttle stop screw in and today went to start it and gas poured out the hose on the bottom of the carb.

Any suggestions. oh yea its a 06 WR 450

Also can the 08 WR tail light be wired for a brake light ? and is it a LED light?

I plan on putting a 08 tail light on a YZ fender to start my street leagal process.

Thank you all for your suggestions and answers.

By your description you have a stuck float, or a very bad float needle or needle seat. Your float hinge pin probably came out.

Thanks Krannie

I think I will wait and get my new jets and YZ needle.

since it souds like I will have to take it apart.

May also be the oring on the needle valve seat. Common cause of a fuel drip out the overflow line.

May also be the oring on the needle valve seat. Common cause of a fuel drip out the overflow line.

Yup...William1 is right on the money. If it didn't leak before, and you didn't do anything to the inside of the carb, the o-ring is a good bet. The dealer doesn't sell just the o-ring, they want to sellthe whole float needle and seat assembly for about 60 buckaroos. Sudco (www.sudco.com) can hook you up with the o-ring, and a needle if you need it (total of about 7 bucks).

Also, the 08 tail light is LED and wired for a brake light.

If you order a carb part from Sudco, be prepared for their mimimum order amount. Might be cheaper from someone like carb parts warehouse if you have a small order. Do not use any oring, it must be fuel proof.

Thanks Guys for the info I have my jets on order. The fuel is not dripping out it is pouring out I will start taking it apart when the the jets arrive. while its appart this o-ring mod what is the reason for doing it?

Right now my bike runs ok with the choke on but as soon as I push it off the bike stalls out only realy idles when the motor has run a while.