HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ProMed

All Japan Nationals Spy Pic - 2010 YZ450F NEWS

96 posts in this topic

http://motocross.transworld.net/2009/03/14/exclusive-japanese-spy-photos-2010-preview/

As for the all-new Yamaha YZ450F, defending All Japan National MX Champion Akira Narita raced a privateer ’09 YZ450F (under the YSP/Narita Racing Team banner) with a combination of works Yamaha parts and Rinaldi Racing parts from Italy. Though the radically all-new pre-production 2010 YZ450F—which features EFI, a forward-tilted engine and an all-new chassis and bodywork—was said to be ready for Narita to race, word in the pits was that Yamaha Motor Corp. USA demanded that the bike not be unveiled in Japan just yet. Poor sales of the ’09 YZ450F mandate that the ’10 model not make its competition debut until September, at the All Japan National MX series finale.

464y7706.jpg

1 person likes this

Damn, those bikes are crazy. If ymaha doesn't come out with efi for 2010, they are screwed.

Efi is a good thing but first year anything will have its share of problems. Personally I think there is nothing wrong with carburetors and am very happy with my 09. Actually I think its kind of funny all the magazines down played this years Yamaha , this is the best bike I have owned in a long time.

Efi is a good thing but first year anything will have its share of problems. Personally I think there is nothing wrong with carburetors and am very happy with my 09. Actually I think its kind of funny all the magazines down played this years Yamaha , this is the best bike I have owned in a long time.

They did the same thing in 06 with the KX450f. They all slammed it for having a 4 speed. I still like the tranny and motor on my old 06 Kawi better than my 08 YZ450f.

Every year the magazines just show how clueless they really are. They slam the YZ now because of the exhaust and how it robs power. Yet, they won't mention how quiet it is compared to the other brands and in the same issue will talk about us losing riding area's due to noise.

they all just have different opinions, that is all. I never understand why people seem to take it so seriously. All of what I have read says that the Yamaha has the best suspension you can buy. So ask yourself this. Can you really use all the power any of the 450s make? I doubt it so who really cares if they say one is a little down on power. I rode and 08 YZ450F and it did not feel down on power to me at all.

Read what they say and then think about how that applies to how you ride and what you want from a bike.

1 person likes this

Looks like times are tough in Japan also. Narita's ride looks to be another left over 08.

Looks like times are tough in Japan also. Narita's ride looks to be another left over 08.

Good eye, I didn't even notice the swingarm, my eye's were fixated on the whiskey flask someone set on the header:lol: .

Good eye, I didn't even notice the swingarm, my eye's were fixated on the whiskey flask someone set on the header:lol: .

I hope that won't be the stock exhaust on the '10's. That is f-in ugly!!!

That said, I'll wait until 2011 to pick up a new Yamaha , as my 07 works just fine (and it'll be paid off then:smirk: )

The bike in the pic is an '09. Re-read the article. The 2010 pre-production bike WASN'T THERE.

The bike in the pic is an '09. Re-read the article. The 2010 pre-production bike WASN'T THERE.

well it has an 08 swingarm

So ask yourself this. Can you really use all the power any of the 450s make? I doubt it so who really cares if they say one is a little down on power. I rode and 08 YZ450F and it did not feel down on power to me at all.

Man I get sick of people saying that no one can use all the power a 450 has. I just finished a desert race today and guess what? I used all the power my bike had. I nearly got the hole shot and I had the the throttle twisted as far as it would go, I wish it would have twisted farther and I might have got the hole shot. I got passed by several guys that had their throttle twisted hard. I passed several people with my throttle twisted hard. I rode a few sections pinned in fifth. NEWS FLASH: there are people out there that can use the power.

Don't get me wrong, you need throttle control. We had some muddy hill climbs today and my throttle was not twisted all the way. Maybe you ride only tight moto or super cross style tracks? If this is the case you probably can't fully use the power.

Also, I am a top twenty B class rider out of a field of 100 riders; I am by no means an expert.

My rant is finished and now back to the topic of the sweet new bikes. I just hope Yamaha puts a real pipe on their 450 so I don't have to buy one when I get a new bike.

Nate

There is a paragraph in there that says :

As for the all-new Yamaha YZ450F, defending All Japan National MX Champion Akira Narita raced a privateer ’09 YZ450F (under the YSP/Narita Racing Team banner) with a combination of works Yamaha parts and Rinaldi Racing parts from Italy. Though the radically all-new pre-production 2010 YZ450F—which features EFI, a forward-tilted engine and an all-new chassis and bodywork—was said to be ready for Narita to race, word in the pits was that Yamaha Motor Corp. USA demanded that the bike not be unveiled in Japan just yet. Poor sales of the ’09 YZ450F mandate that the ’10 model not make its competition debut until September, at the All Japan National MX series finale.

I want to see that forward tilt engine.

There is a paragraph in there that says :

I want to see that forward tilt engine.

and a new chassie with new body work also.. i wonder what shes going to look like :)

No one is talking about it but how about electric start on that new 450. I heard last week it may happen.

I hope that won't be the stock exhaust on the '10's. That is f-in ugly!!!

That said, I'll wait until 2011 to pick up a new Yamaha , as my 07 works just fine (and it'll be paid off then:smirk: )

Bet it's quiet though. :)

No one is talking about it but how about electric start on that new 450. I heard last week it may happen.

Where exactly did you hear that?

Where exactly did you hear that?

Real men kickstart their bikes. . .who needs the extra weight of a battery and a starter anyway:smirk: