HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gmen08-450

08 YZ450F Backfiring when kicked

7 posts in this topic

I just got done doing some work to my bike (non engine related). It hasnt be startd in about 2 weeks and was running with no sign of any mechnical problems the last time i rode. Well I went to kick it over today to run down and get my mail and all I got was a loud pop when I kicked it(after three pops i gave up). I'm guessing that every time it pops is when it should be starting because I can feel the compression loading up to where it should be firing. I dont know if im just paranoid about the bike jumping time since i've read that it is somewhat common of the 08s or I'm hoping that its due to the cold weather we have had here for the last few days. Has this happened to anyone before? I guess i'm just looking for some peace of mind and hoping that my bike didnt do what I have read has happened to so many others. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Blip the throttle once and kick it again, when mine does that it means shes about to fire up!

Blip the throttle once and kick it again, when mine does that it means shes about to fire up!
That's right. The cold does have something to do with it. Prime it 1-2 times and try it.

I'm with tig88. I think that she about to start. I find that I have to Prime 4 or 5 times before she starts. but its really cold where I live, during the winter.

When mine does the funny back fire it seems like its loaded up on gas. I usually shut the choke and pull the hot start and it fires up.

Just an idea.