03 throttle stop

Try putting a nut on the screw for a spacer. The slide should just pass the top of the throat when the stop hits. sneek up on it. Best choice is to buy the YZ stop. The dealer I bought mine from cut it way too short. I have ordered the YZ stop but has not arrived yet.

i pulled the carb, trimmed a little at a time until slide was almost all the way open. I do believe that it can be trimmed to short. May cause problems with ECM and TPS. I was very surprised that a stock WR screw only allowed throttle to open HALF way.

when i looked in the throat of the carb (part that air box clamps to), i have the slide stop about an 1/8 of an inch from the top of the throat. i repeat my slide does not go all the way up. this type of carb is new to me and i did not want to cut off to much. i think there are two different measurements on TT, one says 7 mm and the other says 11 mm I THINK. I chose to use these numbers as a gauge ONLY. I do not think the last 1/8 inch of slide will slow me down that much. But if it does i can always trimm it a little bit more Right ???.

number82, i think cutting the whole thing off is bad. there are two issues going around. first - if the slide goes to far, it may send wrong data to the ECM. Second there may be some damage to the slide, over time. Once again this is my first WR and my first experience with this type of carb. But i have been riding and working on bike for a while.

If you cut the whole post off, It open past all the way! ? Now your in the same shape I'm in. :D I think the TPS will give false readings if you go too far with the slide. I have seen that posted in the past. If it would quite snowing or raining here I would go to a track and test it, but at this time it is only a theory to me.

What I did is unscrew the throttle stop and put it in the hole with the throttle held wide open. Then marked it and measured it to the collar of the screw. Then took that measurment from the end of the screw, added 1/8 " (just to be sure it gets WFO ?) and cut it there.