Plastic for a 99 WR400F?

Does anyone know where I can get a set of black plastic for a '99 WR400? I have looked in all of my "bathroom reading" magazines (motosport, dennis kirk, etc.) and can't find any. I am pretty sure they used to sell it!

Thanks!

g8420.jpg
g8420.jpg

Would this actually work? I think it would chip off quickly with a power washer or a crash!

Would this actually work? I think it would chip off quickly with a power washer or a crash!

It will work. Get the stuff that specificly for plastic. Follow the instructions well. The plastic needs to be very clean. A power washer will not take it off, but who knows about a crash.

you can buy black YZF plastic but you'd lose the rear light in fender exchange. You can buy a UFO headlight that's black and different than stock to replace the blue one, or paint the blue one as stated above - you'd still have the blue tank and nothing outside of Dyeing it black will work on that - don't even attempt spraypaint.

- you'd still have the blue tank and nothing outside of Dyeing it black will work on that - don't even attempt spraypaint.

Good point. Paint and stickers will not stick to plastic tanks for any real length of time.

Would black dye work? I used to dye R/C car parts different colors with fabric dye. Has anyone actually dyed any moto plastic?

Would black dye work? I used to dye R/C car parts different colors with fabric dye. Has anyone actually dyed any moto plastic?

yes, click here