HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jcolborn48

Bike is "Missing/Hesitating" at low end

8 posts in this topic

I was riding a track today, and was in second gear through a rhythm section and when I would try to "blip" the throttle to jump through it, the bike would have a tiny little hesitation, like it was missing or something. My buddy said I need to have my carb performance tuned. It is an 07 450 all I have is a FMF pipe on it. Do I really have to got to all that trouble?

pick up a fuel screw.

adjust it, along with your idle screw. read the directions that come with the fuel screw. pretty in-depth. you might need a leaner pilot jet if this doesnt work.

you might need a leaner pilot jet
I very much doubt that.

And yes, you're going to have to go to all that trouble. You can save yourself some work by spending some money, if you like. Send the carb to Zip-Ty and have them do their $100 mods to it.

You can get nearly the same results by setting up the pump timing correctly, installing the stiffer accelerator pump linkage spring from merge racing, perhaps one size smaller leak jet, and possibly going to an NFLQ needle. Try those things in order, one at a time.

1 person likes this

I very much doubt that.

And yes, you're going to have to go to all that trouble. You can save yourself some work by spending some money, if you like. Send the carb to Zip-Ty and have them do their $100 mods to it.

You can get nearly the same results by setting up the pump timing correctly, installing the stiffer accelerator pump linkage spring from merge racing, perhaps one size smaller leak jet, and possibly going to an NFLQ needle. Try those things in order, one at a time.

How do you know so much? Everytime, you have the answers. Are you a bike mechanic or something? :)

Send the carb to Zip-Ty and have them do their $100 mods to it.

Just FYI the Zip Ty mod is now $125 plus $15 for shipping. Still totally worth it and i would recommend it to anybody. :)

Mitch

How do you know so much? Everytime, you have the answers. Are you a bike mechanic or something? :)

He is the YZf GOD!