Looking for help, getting back in the game

hey, im looking to start riding again i sold my bike 2 years ago, i had a ttr230 and i am wondering if i should get a yz250f or a yz450f, i rode the ttr fairly well and i am looking to expand on that, im 6'2" tall, what would be a good option for me.

Go with the 250f, because the 450f would probably rip your arms off, lol. The 250f is a lot faster than the 230 and will be a great bike. Good luck!

at 6'2" you'd be ok with the 450, just take it easy in the beginning until you identify yourself with the bike. 250f's are good, but at 6'2" you'll be at risk of outgrowing it after a while, then you find yourself in a position where you have to sell the 250 to buy something better and end up spending more than you would have to by buying a 450 in the first place.

just to add a little bit to it... No, the 450 won't rip your arms off, but it will make you consider wearing a diaper when riding it. Just kidding, these bikes are powerful, but not impossible to control. Anyone at 6'2" is more than capable of riding one.

I think that you should lean towards the 450... maybe the WR depending on where you plan on riding most. I say this because at you height, the 250 would just be a stepping stone up to the 450. You should be fine on a 450 and it should fit you better. IMO, if you can avoid shelling out $$ on a "stepping stone" bike, it is a good thing. But, it all comes back to you and your riding style/places. If you rode the TTR on trails, then the WR450 is perfect for you. Just my 1.9 cents. Good luck to you and welcome back to riding!

I think you should consider the 450 and a tall seat. Also consider high rise bars IMO.

just to add a little bit to it... No, the 450 won't rip your arms off, but it will make you consider wearing a diaper when riding it. Just kidding, these bikes are powerful, but not impossible to control. Anyone at 6'2" is more than capable of riding one.

Haha, yeah I was joking about ripping your arms off, but it definitely is faster. A wr450f or crf450x would be good if you're not going to race.