HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JJboys

New England WR400 needs some assistance!

5 posts in this topic

Hello to all,

I recently aquired a 1999 WR and am looking for someone to assist me in dialing in my Bike. I have read all the free mods and have only performed the Air Box and Baffle changes up to this point. I see that Carb jetting seems to solve alot of issues with the WR. I need someone with carb experience that typically rides Northern New England Terrain (NH). I do not want to change to YZ timing. I am not looking for more power just smooth acceleration with no glitchs. :) I would also like the opportunity to send a email or PM too you if I get in trouble. Best Regards. Mark

Taken from Bill (the moderators) sig:

Factory jeting by Taffy EMM #2, 38PJ, 55PAJ, 158MJ, 160MAJ, 60SJ and 1.5 FS at 500-2,000'

These settings should work well for you.

You should also check the accelerator pump timing. Some have been known to squirt for up to 4 seconds - this will wreak havoc on your jetting. Search on KL mod for details on how to fix it - this is a variation of the BK mod done by NH Kevin for pre-00 models.

I live in Nashua - at least for two more weeks. Feel free to PM me if you want.

Thanks for responding.

LewiChris- I will be making the throttle stop shorter. From past discussion 9mm seems to be the correct length. Let me know if this has changed.

Z4me- Thank you for the jetting recommendations. I do have 2 questions.

1. Is bills bike YZ timed?

2. Does bills bike have the air cut out valve removed (octopus)? (Maybe I should ask Bill the moderator)

NHKevin- I see from past forums that you were very busy with dialing in your bike. You seem to have alot of experience with the carb settings. I might be sending you a email...

Thanks again. Mark