HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrandonW

How am I supposed to be productive here at work...

7 posts in this topic

When I have a 2003 YZ cam sitting here staring me in the face?

:)

Got our first Northwest Motorcycle Association Hare Scramble coming up this next weekend, and I need all the help I can get!

Are you going to get the cam installed by this weekend or wait until after the race? I don't think you can wait that long. :)

Can I wait? Not a chance!

I remember the night before my first enduro last year. I attempted to change over to the YZ jetting, and I muffed it all up. Bike ran like crap, so instead of getting some nice shut-eye, I was up all night burning the mid-night oil getting that thing back to stock.

Hopefully I will get the old cam out tonight, inspect the head, and figure out what shims I need. Get it back together tomorrow night, that way I have Thursday and Friday to figure out that I have buggered up the whole thing, and still have enough time to get it back to stock prior to the race.

Can't wait to have a bike that will readily be able to start no matter what predicament that I have gotten myself into....

Last night went well. Got it all tore apart, and put the new exhaust cam in. Measured my clearance, and I was out of specs. Quit there.

Today I went down to the local shop at lunch and got the right shims, ran back up to the house and put in the new shims, re-tourqed the cam holders, re-checked clearances, then put on the valve cover. Had to stop there, but I did get up top and give it a couple of kicks.

:)

Very nice! Kicked like a regular bike would. Can't wait to complete the operation tonight!

Got the bike done last night, and I simply cannot believe how easy it is to start. Simply unbelievable.

I don't know much about the horsepower or torque differences, but the starting alone was worth the effort.

I litterally can start the bike with my hand. Unless you have the "Over 40" button, your bike is probably harder to start then my WZ, and I never thought I would be able to say that to anyone....