HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Strattos

3500kms on standard sprockets

4 posts in this topic

Both my countershaft and rear sprockets are in need of replacing, at 3500km.

These are the sprockets that came with the bike when I bought it new. Is this reasonable life?

Just checking to see if I need to change my maintenance regime re lubing the chain.

From what I've read on Thumpertalk, I'm going steel for the new sprockets as they seem to last longer.

Both my countershaft and rear sprockets are in need of replacing, at 3500km.

These are the sprockets that came with the bike when I bought it new. Is this reasonable life?

Just checking to see if I need to change my maintenance regime re lubing the chain.

From what I've read on Thumpertalk, I'm going steel for the new sprockets as they seem to last longer.

Iron Man sprocket from Dirttricks.com:thumbsup: Tell them you are a BRC member for a 10% disc.

2500kms or 2170 Miles on sprockets is a very long time in my opinion.

I can't get 1500 out of a set of stockers.

Iron man is the way to go, or Sidewinder if you have buckets of money.

6500 kms (4062 miles) on stock sprockets and chain :p Just careful cleaning and lubing after each ride ( lots of mud and water here!! )