Does the 426 have a rev limiter?

Hi

Simple question: Does the 426 have a rev limiter?

Thx

Yes it has

Than why can't I hit it? :p Sometimes in 1st, 2nd, 3rd I'll pull it full and keep holding on (specially on SM wheels) to see if it will kick in, but didn't happen. Should I try it in neutral? Could it have been turned off, modded by previous owner?

So your bike is reving to the infinity?

i think it's still going. he just does'nt know it.

The rev limit in neutral, assuming you still have a functional neutral switch, is lowered to around 7000 rpm. In gear, it's 11,500. The power of a 426 falls off rather sharply at around 10,200-10,500, and unless it's in first or second, you won't likely hit the rev limit in gear. There are some aftermarket ignition systems that increase the limit.

Thx grayracer, will check the neutral switch. I've newer pulled it beyond the point where the power start to fall off (because it has no reason to do so), maybe that's the cause I didn't hear the typical revlimiter sound.

And yes, sometimes it sound like rev would be infinity :p

I didnt mean to, but hit revlimiter in third (I think, to busy racing my bro, was just holding on and shifting gears :p )

Isnt hitting revlimiter in neutral bad for your bike?

Isnt hitting revlimiter in neutral bad for your bike?

Yes, and that's why the rev limit in neutral is so much lower than in gear. It's not good for the bike in gear either, but it's a lot better than running to 12,500 by mistake.
So your bike is reving to the infinity?

lol :p