03 yzf450 sidestand

im really wanting a sidestand now haha. i never thought it was gonna be as much of a pain in the a** as it is. and since i mostly ride trails and forestry i do a bit of stop starting (you know how it is haha). anyway i was just wondering if anybody knows of a decent bolt-on sidestand kit. ive heard the trailtech stands arent so good, but what about the likes of a moose racing one?

thanks heaps

im really wanting a sidestand now haha. i never thought it was gonna be as much of a pain in the a** as it is. and since i mostly ride trails and forestry i do a bit of stop starting (you know how it is haha). anyway i was just wondering if anybody knows of a decent bolt-on sidestand kit. ive heard the trailtech stands arent so good, but what about the likes of a moose racing one?

thanks heaps

pro moto billet is the best money can buy in my opinion. $150 http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/25_76/products_id/168

I have the Moose one, its OK but not hugely impressed with it. It mounts with the 2 bolts on the footpeg mount and has a hole that almost lines up with the chain roller but doesnt. That leaves it a little bit more flexy than it could be but not really a problem. It works fine but the Pro-Moto one is probably nicer. Anything beats laying the bike down to go back and help push your buddies bike though!:p

Lots of posts about kickstands on this board.... Search.

i probably would never have found that stand so thanks. is it strong enough if i wanted to stand on it to kick my bike over?

i probably would never have found that stand so thanks. is it strong enough if i wanted to stand on it to kick my bike over?

yes, that is unless you weigh over 200 lbs or so and you can lube chain on it too.