HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
texanspanking12

White Bros E Series Quiet insert????

4 posts in this topic

Ok so i have an old E series on my 400F I have been loking but i cant seem to find a quiet insert for it. And im also assuming that the insert takes care of spark arrestor duties does it? Do they still make the insert or should i be hunting down a new pipe???

Ok so i have an old E series on my 400F I have been loking but i cant seem to find a quiet insert for it. And im also assuming that the insert takes care of spark arrestor duties does it? Do they still make the insert or should i be hunting down a new pipe???

I believe it has been discontinued, since vance took over the business. All websites say that its no longer available. I would just go with an fmf Q

What about using one from a different brand and making it work?

I have an ISDE2 that came on a used KFX400 we have and I am looking to make one for it (or buy a diff. manufacturers one) as really they are just a tube with a flange on it. I don't want to put to much money into it so that is the way I am leaning.

Perhaps if you bring it to a shop and you ask if you can see if certain quiet cores will fit it roughly.

I bought the last one available through parts canada back in 03/08 - sorry

you could easily get something fabbed up by a welder using one of your spacer plates as a frame to work with - or even just use one as a template for the outer shape and bolt hole locations - all it is is a round pipe welded into the center - the pipe comes out flush but when you look into it, it has a very slight downward bend inside - about 15 degrees, and it's only about 1.5" in total.

There is NO spark arrestor on it.