Front number plate instead of headlight?

FINALLY GOT MY BIKE!!!!!!!!

Anyone have pics of how to put on a simple number plate??

There is a whole lotta electronics up there! I think the major problem will be re-positioning the ignition on/off switch. If anyone has ideas on this or has done it, pics would be greatly appreciated.

Also, anyone who has installed a TrailTech computer on the WR 450, let me know how you did that.

ALSO, I tried to put the ZipTy magnetic oil drain bolt in and found out that Yamaha changed the size and thread of the drain bolt - what the hell?? I need to figure that one out.

Thanks in advance, Bud

i put the trail tech on my 450. first i took off the old odometer. the trail tech kit comes with a rubber cap and a plastic one that you put on top of the stock odometer cable mount on the front wheel.than i took off the front brake and drilled a 1/8 inch hole. the kit comes with self tapping screws to screw the new odometer sensor on.replace one of the rotor bolts with the magnetic bolt that comes with your kit.don't forget to put the brake back on. follow the brake line up to the handlebars. unscrew the two cable guides so you can put the speedo cable in.undo the headlight assembly.i placed my speedo in the stock odometer spot.i drilled (2) 1/8 inch holes in the bottom of the stock mount and screwed the new speedo base into it. or you could just mount it to your bars.

Dan,

I put the switch on the right side instead of the left, using only the lower hole in the bracket - that allowed me to tilt it up, tighter into the triple clamp. This left the switch much more protected.

I couldn't get the rear tab on the number plate to line up with the hole it's supposed to screw into - I guess I'll have to fabricate something to bridge the gap. Until then, I just zip-tied it and it seats down firmly.

Looks good now, but we'll se how it holds up on the trails.

Bud

Bud, You should know by now, I can't get enough of talking about WRs..... ?

Our Canadian bikes don't need no stinking grey wire or throttle stop, just a crappy pipe and a cool Vin number:D.

What else you got??? Bring it on bud..

about your PM, that's alot of typing for me just call me whenever.

818 519-9833

Dan

• 7 years later...
  • 1 month later...