HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Merfman

Who Services Their Own Scott's Dampener???

7 posts in this topic

Hey Dodger,

I just did mine. There's no mystery except when replacing the oil. You MUST do as they recommend in the instructions.

Go to:

http://www.scottsperformance.com/indexmain.html

and download the instructions. It's pretty simple and I was amazed at how much better it worked with fresh fluid.

And, BTW, instead of using their special tool, I just picked up a syringe at the local vet supply store.

Merf

[ August 07, 2002: Message edited by: Merfman ]

I also did mine. It was easy. It began leaking after a get off. I tore it apart, cleaned up the seals, put new 2 wt fork oil in and had no problems since.

What's involved and is there much to it??? I read in the manual that your supposed to send your dampener into Scotts after the first 40 hrs of riding. Since I am way over the first 40 hrs I decieded to call Scotts to get some info. The guy at Scotts asked how long I've had it, (about 6 months now), and said there was no reason that I should need to send it in. He said just change out the oil, ride for another 4 - 6 months, and then look at sending it in for sevice. (That's all baring a get off of course!)

So, I'm assuming that this is an easy process....do I buy special oil from Scotts??

Thanks in advance.........

Dodger :):D

The Scotts and Ohlins are the same, both made by Ohlins. I would say it is the single biggest improvement you can make for riding sand, roots or rocks. Also VERY helpful in the scary fast stuff.