Paddle for YZ426... What size

This thread really makes me want to hit the dunes again now.

I havent been that excited about it because of how potentially destructive the sand can be, but its also tons of fun

That said, the YZF is staying at home i think in favor of this one -- it is a sand dune maniac , ---- but if i didnt have a big Kwacker, i wouldnt hesitate to take the 4 banger if it was all i had. ---------- I use an 8 paddle --- the 500 has surplus horsepower for me though, so i wouldnt hesitate to use a 10 paddle

KX5-honey003.jpg

Ya thats a duner for sure!

You're right, Pismo is no comparison for G, but during summer its nice to hit some dunes where its still in the 70's and you can go for a swim when you're all done. The problem with Pismo for me is I can't make it a weekend trip like Glamis and need to go for at least 4 full days to justify the haul up there.

same here, when i go i stay for about a week,i only go there during summer mabye 3 times. but now gas is goin back up again i dont think i wana drive all that way id rather just go to glamis. have u riddin at night at glamis with that light on your bike, im thinking about doin the same to my yz450 but i want an 8 in hid:smirk:

The problem with Pismo for me is I can't make it a weekend trip like Glamis
The other problem is that the sand at Pismo is full of salt.
The other problem is that the sand at Pismo is full of salt.[/quote

yea, you just need to be sponsored by rustyz, and then your race ready:lol :

same here, when i go i stay for about a week,i only go there during summer mabye 3 times. but now gas is goin back up again i dont think i wana drive all that way id rather just go to glamis. have u riddin at night at glamis with that light on your bike, im thinking about doin the same to my yz450 but i want an 8 in hid:smirk:

Ya I did several night rides from wash 11 to Olds, navigated by a handlebar mounted Garmin GPS. The light worked well but you really need a helmet light to see down into the bowls. For me it was a guessing game at many drops because I kept my light aimed a little high for the straight aways. I have a quad set up with 2 4" HIDs with a broader beam pattern that I will usually have someone ride behind me on so it lights up everything very well.

Ya I did several night rides from wash 11 to Olds, navigated by a handlebar mounted Garmin GPS. The light worked well but you really need a helmet light to see down into the bowls. For me it was a guessing game at many drops because I kept my light aimed a little high for the straight aways. I have a quad set up with 2 4" HIDs with a broader beam pattern that I will usually have someone ride behind me on so it lights up everything very well.

yea iv been riding at glamis since i was a little kid, dropping into the bowls at night is the fun part lol, but iv never riddin my 450 at night just my rhino and borrowed my cusins yfz450s because they dont ride at night.