Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cokecrazed007

dyno jet or a JD jet kit

17 posts in this topic

Sorry to be a spas - whats the JD kit?

James Dean Jetting - Jets and needles for carbs. Much like dynojet ,but a bit better for the drz

Go with JD jet kit from TT Store comes with everything including float bowl screws and easy to follow instructions.

+1 on everything here...

The DJ kit works well and so does the JD kit. But as everyone has mentioned the JD kit has more jetting options and also comes with everything you need. You may want to get a extended fuel screw with the kit, it makes tuning easier.

+1 on everything here...

The DJ kit works well and so does the JD kit. But as everyone has mentioned the JD kit has more jetting options and also comes with everything you need. You may want to get a extended fuel screw with the kit, it makes tuning easier.

another +1

another +1

another vote for the jd kit. I have used both and the jd kit will save you time and money becouse it is a more complet kit.

I have to agree with everyone on here. Dynojet has always made a great product, I have one in my DRZ. From what I understand, the JD kit comes with more options. Either way, you're going to get your jetting right. If you do purchase the Dynojet, just make sure you order the correct one. S vs SM and stage 1 vs stage 3.

If you are set on a kit the JD is fine but I would skip it and go straight to the FCR. I was not very impressed with the kit and ended up selling it.

FCR is a bigger carb, rather than a kit to enhance the performance of yours. The FCR can be ordered from the TT store but there is a waiting list as long as my arm for one right now. You can look around and find someone selling a used FCR 39 carb for your bike. All in all, the jet kit and 3x3 is a good start. You can always upgrade the carb later. Just my opinion.

If you are set on a kit the JD is fine but I would skip it and go straight to the FCR. I was not very impressed with the kit and ended up selling it.

When they start selling the FCRs for $40 that will make sense. But at the current $500 price tag, the FCR and the jet kit really aren't comparable options.

When they start selling the FCRs for $40 that will make sense. But at the current $500 price tag, the FCR and the jet kit really aren't comparable options.

True. If your goal is more power though I would skip the kit and save for the carb. The kit will make the bike run better but your not going to get a big increase in power like you would with a carb.

If you just want to do the 3x3 and a pipe for now just go spend $5 on jets. I wasn't impressed with the custom needle the kit comes with but I guess my expectations were too high.

I know the needle does help with the power delivery but how much is the question. I would love to see a dyno of the same bike with the only difference being the needles. It seems to me that if the needle was so great there would be a dyno chart showing where the gains are.