Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yellowsnow

i need a FLOAT NEEDLE FOR wr400

4 posts in this topic

i am working on a 99 wr400 for a guy. and the bike was sitting for a good while. the whole fuel system was clogged and the float needle stuck closed. to make a long story short i tried everything to get the float needle loose but it was like it was glued in (the fuel had turned lime green it was so old) so i ended up messing up the top of the needle to get it out. does anyone happen to have an extra? the float needle assymbly is pretty high priced and all i need is the needle. thanks:ride:

Different needle...that's the slide needle, I think he's looking for a float needle. You can order just a needle from Sudco for about 6 bucks http://www.sudco.com/ But they have a 25 dollar minimum order for induhvidual customers (I expect that if your local dealer or shop has a sudco account and you give them a part number, they won't have the 25 dollar minimum). If you replace the needle, you ought to replace the o-ring that seals the seat to the carb body...also available from Sudco for about a buck and a half.