HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yzman1991

yz400f or yz426f???

12 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, i was wondering what bike to decide on...

i am interested in getting a yz400f or a yz426f

i've heard good things about them, but i was wondering what should i know about them and which is better for what you get?

i currently own a 97 cr125, and want a bigger bike.

i want to try a for stroke, but NOT a 250f...

You can't go wrong with either. Lots of 426's and 400's still running around with the original crank, piston and valves. :p

Newer is better...but there are advantages to each. 426 has a stronger small rod end bearing, better clutch, splined primary drive gear, Gen II FCR carb (internal hot start) and you don't have to loosen the header to change the oil filter. 400 has stainless steel valves (more durable than Ti onthe 426).

Performance-wise, the 426 has a bit more power, and a bit (and by bit, I mean rch) better suspension.

You would be happy with either one. Look at how the bikes that you find have been maintained and set up, and, of course, what is the better price.

Go with the 426. I had a 99' 400f and 02' 426f . The 426 was a beast.. felt like much more of an mx bike than the 400 did..even though it was still heavy..both are SOLID engines that never seem to quit..

The original; YZ400F Still a beast, i would put it up against any 426 :p

IMG_0438.jpg

paint2005.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

1 person likes this

The original; YZ400F Still a beast, i would put it up against any 426 :p

IMG_0438.jpg

paint2005.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

Is that a newer 450 rear fender???

Just the fender - some cuts to it and re-drilled some holes for bolting to stock subframe. Didn't take very much time or thought - seems to work just fine :p