HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ggbshe

Easy way to reset stock trip meter

7 posts in this topic

I got sick of spending a half hour to reset the stock WR tip meter. There is no room for you hand and its such a pain to rest. So here is a quick and easy way I used. Takes about 2.5 seconds to reset it.

Get a socket that will fit over the reset knob. I used a 19mm. Pull out the knob. Attatch the scoket to an extention and then to a cordless drill, put it reverse and spin away. Worked great!

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

Nice! I use a rubber hose to the drill, on the trail I use two fingers :ride:

Eddie :p

Awesome! Now What Do You Do On The Trail?

This, of course, is done at home after a big ride. On the trail just use the good old fingers. I guess it will do till I get a digital speedo.

The easy way to reset the odometer is simple. Go to your local Yamaha dealer and order a knob for a TTR 250. It is 2 1/2 times bigger in diameter than the WR knob and fits in it's place. Did this back when I had a WR 400 and also on my WR 450 before putting a complete speedometer for a XT 350 onto the WR. I also swapped the knob over to the XT unit. Has worked great for years.:p

Jim

I just press a button on my 07, it's easy!!!

Same here, my stock odometer took a crap last year and I bought a trailtech vector. :p