Magnets on oil filter, is there space on a YZ

I have run this setup on my CRF and want to know if there is space on the YZ's for this addition. I am negotiating for a 2008 YZ450F. I know there are magnetic plugs for the YZ's and such but this was not possible on the Honda's. I sure like the security of catching ferrous particles (especially on a bike with a single oiling sytem) and I would like to put these on until i save up for the re-usable filter and or magnetic plugs.

Picture034.jpg

Picture038.jpg

I don't get it. The oil filter offers all the protection you need. The sky is not falling. There are thousands and thousands of YZXXXF bikes out there that have been neglected and had the crap ran out of them and are still running despite a using only a cheap $8 oil filter. Even with shared oil, this is the most reliable off-road 4 stroke engine made.

Don't worry about it. You won't even see much debris on the filter..........

I don't get it. The oil filter offers all the protection you need. The sky is not falling. There are thousands and thousands of YZXXXF bikes out there that have been neglected and had the crap ran out of them and are still running despite a using only a cheap $8 oil filter. Even with shared oil, this is the most reliable off-road 4 stroke engine made.

Don't worry about it. You won't even see much debris on the filter..........

So then everyone who has a magnetic drain plug is engaging in pointless overkill? I think not. No oil filter is perfect, and if some material can be caught by whatever means, why not do it?

There may be room for your magnets as you have them on the Honda, but once you have the Scotts filter, they won't stick to the aluminum end frames.

Anyone who is in doubt about a whether it is even worth it should save up during the month to pay for the 2 or 3 dollars that those mini magnets cost. Put one in the bike, do you regular OCI and then check the magnet. I guarantee you will find particles and paste clinging to it. It's really cheap maintenance for a bike you love so much. I run magnetic drain plugs on everything and stick fat hard drive magnets on all my vehicle oil filters. They're free (old Hard drives) and they do work.

When gears mesh they wear, the wear particles are magnetic, you can catch them or recirculate them.

The choice is clear and so is your oil.........

Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beats. Battlestar Galactica....

If you mean the TV show, I've never seen it. I know some guys in NCIS, though, and they're an OK bunch.

Yes, the TV show. The line I quoted is a staple of the lead character (Mark Harmon) whenever he gently admonishes his minions.

Great show, IMO.