Kind of a stupid question

I put on a Vapor speedo the other day and I noticed something different and I need someone WITHOUT a Vapor to see if Im right.

When you start the bike, does the red light on the ignition switch go out?

Since I put the Vapor on, I noticed that light goes out when the bike is started. I just dont remember if it went out when I had the stock speedo hooked up.

Any help is appreciated. :p

I put on a Vapor speedo the other day and I noticed something different and I need someone WITHOUT a Vapor to see if Im right.

When you start the bike, does the red light on the ignition switch go out?

Since I put the Vapor on, I noticed that light goes out when the bike is started. I just dont remember if it went out when I had the stock speedo hooked up.

Any help is appreciated. :p

perfectly normal, it just indicates that the switch is on, but the engine is off. That's just how it works. how do you like the Vapor? is the tach feature good?

Cool, thanks.

The Vapor works pretty good. I got it up to 104mph earlier. The tach works pretty good, maybe a very slight delay, but nothing to sweat. I need to go back thru the directions and see why its not reading coolant temp. I probably just didnt program it right or something.

^^^ You have to reset it before the coolant temp will read. Hold the left and middle buttons down for a few seconds and the display will flash. This also resets the tripmeter and max. readings. Also if you're riding on the road your bike might not be getting hot enough, it doesn't start reading until 38°C (100°F).