26mm socket for primary nut fix

I bought a 26mm (6 sided) socket specifically to hold the stator plate side nut to tighten the primary clutch nut. But, it does not fit!!! :lol: I read the instructions in the FAQ and most people use a 26mm spanner, heated and bent to shape.

But, that doesn't explain why my socket won't work? ??? It simply doesn't fit over. A 27mm socket seems a little loose.

Can anyone explain?

attachment.php?attachmentid=8483&d=1217105503

I bought a 26mm (6 sided) socket specifically to hold the stator plate side nut to tighten the primary clutch nut. But, it does not fit!!! :lol: I read the instructions in the FAQ and most people use a 26mm spanner, heated and bent to shape.

But, that doesn't explain why my socket won't work? ??? It simply doesn't fit over. A 27mm socket seems a little loose.

Can anyone explain?

attachment.php?attachmentid=8483&d=1217105503

It is a cast part of the flywheel, not a precision fastener. Your using a 6 sided socket, the wrench we used to make the tool is a 12 point. That is one possibility, another is that the hex cast on your flywheel is not 26mm … So, use what ever fits. SAE, or 27mm, or, grind a bit off the flats of the hex with a carbide bit, or………many possibilities, pick a solution that works for you.

My 26mm deep socket was a tight fit, as Bronco says, its not a proper fastener

Tap it on lighlty with a hammer - its what I had to do

Goes on easy the second time

It is a cast part of the flywheel, not a precision fastener. Your using a 6 sided socket, the wrench we used to make the tool is a 12 point. That is one possibility, another is that the hex cast on your flywheel is not 26mm … So, use what ever fits. SAE, or 27mm, or, grind a bit off the flats of the hex with a carbide bit, or………many possibilities, pick a solution that works for you.

Good to know, maybe add this as part 2 in the sticky:thumbsup:

Good to know, maybe add this as part 2 in the sticky:thumbsup:

When I have some time I will. Thanks