HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kingquad450

Quiet cores

5 posts in this topic

The wr426 I just bought has a Pro Circuit exhaust system on it and I am tring to quiet it down some (to help please the neighbors). My question is if I install the quiet core will I have to rejet the carb? or won't it make that much difference.

You're better off just getting a new quiet design muffler.

I had a T-4 on my old bike and the quiet tip knocked off 2 db at 3750rpm (test rpm). It was still loud at big throttle openings even though it was technically legal.

My friend had an older style T-4 on his XR 250R (huge core/megaphone midpipe) and the quiet tip from my muffler actually made his bike louder and made the sound "tinny"

That same friend rides an XR 600 now with the latest T-4 (cone style end cap) and its actually pretty reasonable at idle and small throttle openings but its still deafening at big throttle openings.

I think the quiet tip would be a waste of money if you're trying to do the stealth thing.

I wasn't going to buy a quiet core I have left from the ttr.You are right it didn't seem to make much difference.

I have the stock exhaust on my 02 and run it open and with an after market insert with out having to rejet. But then again I'm running a JD kit.