HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jesusmannen

db-killer, which should I choose?

7 posts in this topic

I live in Sweden and here we have a very strict limits for the exhaust db.

The limit is 92db!!!

Which db-killer is the best when it comes to reduce the db and not loose to much hp?

Where can I buy it and have it shipped to Sweden?

Thanx/ Mr Pettersson

Hi, I have a FMF Q4 for my yz450 and it lowered the sound of my bike significantly without any powerloss at all. FMF claims something like 96db but its probably more around 94 and if you put a quite insert you could probably achieve 92 db!

try the db dawg mate, they say it makes the bike alot quieter and they reckon hardly noticable power loss on the 450. I have one but not run it yet. Try these sites to see if they ship to sweden. I know they both stock db dawgs.

mxbits.com

racespec.com

both stock the db dawg,

try the db dawg mate, they say it makes the bike alot quieter and they reckon hardly noticable power loss on the 450. I have one but not run it yet.
You might want to run it before you evaluate the penalty to the power output. Some who have used them here have expressed a different opinion.

You might want to run it before you evaluate the penalty to the power output. Some who have used them here have expressed a different opinion.

Yeah your're probably right gray, I for one probably wouldn't be affected by powerloss as I'm not fast enough to justify all the power these 450's produce, especially on a 3hour H&H (which is what I would be running db dawg in). I will have to make do with the db dawg until I can justify spending £££ on an aftermarket pipe which I may trash in one outing.

BTW, I know it's in a completely different category from drop-in noise reducers, but Leo Vince and Akropovic are European products, and probably offer systems that meet Euro specs.

Just a thought.

The dB dawg's kill the power... I have one and when installed my 444 has the power of a decent running 250F.