Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clark4131

WR Moderator Job Announcement

55 posts in this topic

Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys & Girls, I have decided to step down as moderator of the venerable WR400/426/450 forum. My family and work obligations have made it near impossible to do the quality job that you all deserve from your moderator. Little league, Cub Scouts and an ever-increasing workload have really taken its toll on my disposable time. I simply can no longer do the position justice and have decided it is time to pass the torch.

I was nominated and informally elected a couple of years ago and I've asked the B's and Valerie if we could do something similar. Y'all need to talk amongst yourselves and put up a few well deserving members as nominees. I'll then put it into a poll and we can do it democratic-like. I'm waiting for final approval from the bosses to go this way, but I'm sure we can at least start the process.

I want everyone to know that I've had a helluva lot of fun moderating and everyone here, for the most part, has been a pleasure to deal with. I will say the moderating job is a lot more work than one might think. In order to do it properly, you will need thick skin, a good sense of humor, the ability to laugh at yourself, and absolutely no expectation of any kind of reward other than a job well done. Some absolute necessities will be a well developed ability to write and edit, as well as sound judgement when it comes to dealing with the little problems that will arise from time to time. If you have the wisdom of Solomon, you're on the right track. The best part is that you'll have a whole crop of other moderators to bounce ideas off of and seek advice from. If you remove your ego and focus on keeping TT the best damn dirt bike forum on the web, you'll do great.

As far as my future with TT is concerned, I'll still be here, but just as a regular member with no super-human abilities (think Superman II after he loses his powers so he can marry Lois Lane, but without the bad haircut). I'm still nursing my back injury but I plan to be turnin' and burnin' by Spring. So, in the immortal words of the Governator...I'll be back!!! :lol:...SC

William1 for prez!

I am flattered, for sure but...

Not sure if I can satisfactorily fulfill the obligations of the post. Also, I am not the super whiz on the 450's though they are extremely similar to the 250's.

I, too am flattered, but between working a full time job, coaching high school football, and teaching Engineering classes for one of the military outreach Engineering programs, I don't believe I have the time to properly execute the job...

I, too am flattered, but between working a full time job, coaching high school football, and teaching Engineering classes for one of the military outreach Engineering programs, I don't believe I have the time to properly execute the job...

man! do you have any time to sleep with all those activities?

man! do you have any time to sleep with all those activities?

That's what the full time job is for:smirk:

That's what the full time job is for:smirk:

Please share... what is this job you speak of? :p

Not sure if I can satisfactorily fulfill the obligations of the post. Also, I am not the super whiz on the 450's though they are extremely similar to the 250's.

Sure you can.

:usa:A second vote for William1:usa:

1 person likes this

Moderating a forum does not require you to be a superior authority on the subject discussed. It requires you to keep things in order. It requires good sense and an even temperament more than subject knowledge. Having a working familiarity with the subject matter and an idea of where to look for references is useful, but any of the 3 names offered so far fill that requirement easily.

Moderating a forum does not require you to be a superior authority on the subject discussed. It requires you to keep things in order. It requires good sense and an even temperament more than subject knowledge. Having a working familiarity with the subject matter and an idea of where to look for references is useful, but any of the 3 names offered so far fill that requirement easily.

In that case, you do a great job in the YZ4XXF form...why not take us under your wing/guidance as well :p:ride::moon:

Clark you've done a good job too, hope who ever takes over maintains it in a similar fashion..

Congrats, well done and thanks

Clark you've done a good job too, hope who ever takes over maintains it in a similar fashion..

Congrats, well done and thanks

:) +1

So, who do we have for nominees? I've seen a couple for William, but are there others?...SC