HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
areax

120/90-19

7 posts in this topic

I know this is a pretty lame question.. but I just want to make sure before I choose a tire. Of course.. there isn't a wide range of tires for the 08 yz 450f.. well 120/80-19 tires of course.. I was just wondering if a 120/90-19 would fit on these bikes w/o a problem. From my research... it seems there is a much wider selection of that size rather than the stock size.. I read a paragraph upon width and aspect ratio and such.. but i'm still not 100% sure it will fit. I would highly appreciate any input.

also, i know this topic has been discussed somewhere.. eventhough I searched and could'nt really find anything but for the guys who are riding woods with mostly the intermediate stuff with a decent ammount of mud and rocks.. what tires are you guys running on your bikes? also, i'm located in eastern kentcky.. if that is a better explanation of my terrain..

I appoligize for the long post.. and Thanks again guys!

I appreciate your help.. my searching skills are not too good =/ i'd say i better try and stick to a 120/80 or a 110/90 at the least.

Thanks!

Yes, they have one and I used it for a little while but it is a very tall tire. Had it on my YZ 250 2t and it had a hard time pulling it. It was so tall you had to be carefull with your triangle stand or it would fall over. Went back to a Dunlop which is not my preference but got a deal.

Yes, they have one and I used it for a little while but it is a very tall tire. Had it on my YZ 250 2t and it had a hard time pulling it. It was so tall you had to be carefull with your triangle stand or it would fall over. Went back to a Dunlop which is not my preference but got a deal.

yes its tall but you can also run lower air pressure in it for the woods too.. and my yz 250 can pull that tire no problem. to me its thebest tire out there for the woods, in 2nd place for me is the MT 32