HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ak567

very imp question!

12 posts in this topic

Hey,

I got a 2008 wr450f with an ASI removal kit, grey wire snipped, no throttle block, pee shooter removed from exhaust , and no air box lid. As far as jetting goes its jetted with what came with ASI kit(WHICH NOONE SEEMS TO KNOW WHAT SIZE JETS THEY ARE!!) I have a FMF mega bomb header and a factory 4.1 muffler to install. My question is do I pose any threat to my motor by just bolting the exhuast on and using the current jetting. On FMF's website they say most of their systems are direct bolt ons with little changes required. I also ride at sea level. Help lol.

i have the same bike,same mods.install a jd jet kit . the performance gain is worth the trouble of removing the carb.

No worries to your motor. If anything the AIS kit (GYTR) jetting will be to rich.

+1 they set you up pretty rich with that kit... I think it's a 172 main and a 50 pilot?

+1 they set you up pretty rich with that kit... I think it's a 172 main and a 50 pilot?

175 main

175 main

You're right, I ditched that from the kit right off the bat and started with a 172 before ending up with a 168:bonk:

You're right, I ditched that from the kit right off the bat and started with a 172 before ending up with a 168:bonk:

I ended up stepping my way down to a 168 main and 45 pilot.

I ended up stepping my way down to a 168 main and 45 pilot.

I ended up with a 42 pilot, I think our climate and elevation are a lot the same. It seems to start better with the 42 but when I used the fuel screw method for sizing the pilot I could tell no difference between the 45 or 42.

Oh well off topic, I don't think the OP should have any concerns about being to lean.

Good chance you will have to go leaner than that. My 168 main, 45 pilot is with a 08 YZ exhaust and header.

The pilot and main are easy to change without removing the carb so just play with it untill you find what works best :lol:

Good chance you will have to go leaner than that. My 168 main, 45 pilot is with a 08 YZ exhaust and header.

The pilot and main are easy to change without removing the carb so just play with it untill you find what works best :lol:

Sez who?? I agree with the main, but I have a terrible time with the pilot!

I can only turn the carb so much! :worthy: Any secrets you might share would be appreciated!

[/i]

Sez who?? I agree with the main, but I have a terrible time with the pilot!

I can only turn the carb so much! :worthy: Any secrets you might share would be appreciated!

I use a short screwdriver with a mirror below to see what you're doing :lol: