07' - Recommendation on Rear Brake Pedal???

It's time for a new rear brake pedal and while the OEM pedals are not terribly bad, what are you running and what are the advantages over stock? 2007 WR450

Watch out for those brake pedals. The way the head rotates, the pins are able to puch through the clutch cover very eaisly. If the head it roted in an pushed upward the set pins will puch a hole in the bottom edge of the cover cover. Saw it happen on a crf. It cant really happen with a stock one becaue the tip is fixed.

It cant really happen with a stock one becaue the tip is fixed.

Yes it can, I've done it at least 3 times with various WR's :lol: I carry metal forming epoxy in my fanny pack just for this... but I installed a CFC Stainless Steel clutch cover last year and it was worked really well in preventing this, you can see damage on the cover where the pedal has hit it but no puncture:thumbsup:

Those hammerhead look nice but the type of terrain I ride just eats shit up around the pegs, skid plate and lower controls... I'll probably just go with another OEM one but wanted to get a few opinions.

The longer shifter sounds cool... Size 12 boots so I have to have mine positioned real high to upshift while standing:bonk:

After looking at all the options I just ended up getting an OEM one from ebay for $25.

When the shifter goes I wouldn't mind getting a longer one for my size 12 feet.

Yes it can, I've done it at least 3 times with various WR's :lol: I carry metal forming epoxy in my fanny pack just for this... but I installed a CFC Stainless Steel clutch cover last year and it was worked really well in preventing this, you can see damage on the cover where the pedal has hit it but no puncture:thumbsup:

Those hammerhead look nice but the type of terrain I ride just eats shit up around the pegs, skid plate and lower controls... I'll probably just go with another OEM one but wanted to get a few opinions.

The longer shifter sounds cool... Size 12 boots so I have to have mine positioned real high to upshift while standing:bonk:

where did you get the clutch cover?

I have a sunline one. granted I have also bent one under the clutch cover but I have also destroyed 4 stock ones.

where did you get the clutch cover?

CFCoffroad@comcast.net - his name is Eric and he produces them right here in WA state... you used to be able to buy them direct here at TT store but TT now has their own design (neither here nor there)... here is a pic of the cover on my 04'

S5030342.jpg

You just silicone them on and they stay, I have never had one come off I've had them on two bikes now... and Erick, it's extra weight but it's down low:busted:

CFCoffroad@comcast.net - his name is Eric and he produces them right here in WA state... you used to be able to buy them direct here at TT store but TT now has their own design (neither here nor there)... here is a pic of the cover on my 04'

S5030342.jpg

You just silicone them on and they stay, I have never had one come off I've had them on two bikes now... and Erick, it's extra weight but it's down low:busted:

thanks for the info. :lol: I'll think about that weight down low.:worthy: