HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wr450fLee

Need help greasing rear linkage!

12 posts in this topic

I am new to this forum and have read how its a must to do this, Is there a "how too" on here somewere? Is this hard to do?

Thanks in avance for any help given

Go over to the YZ forum and at the top of the page there is a "common threads" sticky. You will find a "how to" in there along with so much more.

easy as can be

take your time

Clean bike ,a beer, a can of contact cleaner,a roll of paper towels, a tub of grease , a few metric wrenches , sockets and a few hours

make sure when you tighten everything back up that the linkage actually moves , its very easy to crank everything down to tight .

i wouldn't do it without a torque wrench.

+1.... infact I do not much anymore on the bike without a torque wrench... now my only problem is getting my 17y/o son to learn what one is for:banghead:

+1.... infact I do not much anymore on the bike without a torque wrench... now my only problem is getting my 17y/o son to learn what one is for:banghead:

Same here, I torque just about anything worth torquing. It really surprises me sometimes how little it takes.

Austin

I had 3 family members, all riders living in diff states, ask for a nice torque wrench for their bday or this past holiday. First thing they grab no matter the job.