I Need A Motor For 2008 Yz450

Pretty straight forward my motor is toast. The only good part is the clutch cover after some valves went through the piston and crank. I need a complete motor any ideas or suggestions would be awsome. Thank you.

Pretty straight forward my motor is toast. The only good part is the clutch cover after some valves went through the piston and crank. I need a complete motor any ideas or suggestions would be awsome. Thank you.

I've seen them on ebay, brand new complete motors. there's a guy there that buys new bikes and parts them out. Can't remember the price right now, but it wasn't bad at all for a brand new complete motor. there's hardly any other sources for what you're looking for, other than building another one from individual parts which would be just too expensive.

I think the guys name on eBay is "Keepitroosting" the engines came with carb and electrics, buy it now was about $2k. Just checked and there are no 450 engines listed now, you might want to contact him. Mike

Just so happens that I got that motor from keepitroosting. Good people to work with. Fast shipping. Might want to contact them to see it he has any more. I almost have all the parts to put the origional motor back together. Need a new jug, piston / rings and a Cam Chain Tensioner. I already took the plunge on the valve train and new head. Taking me a while. These parts are expensive.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/KEEPITROOSTIN__W0QQ_armrsZ1

I contacted the guy on eBay. He wants 2400 for a new motor complete. Is that a good price? If I decide to sell my bike with everything but the motor, how much should I sell it for?

I contacted the guy on eBay. He wants 2400 for a new motor complete. Is that a good price? If I decide to sell my bike with everything but the motor, how much should I sell it for?

I'd say $2400 is great for a new motor. Probably much more expensive to build one piece by piece. Parting out the bike you wouldn't make too much out of it, maybe $2500, if that.