stainless stell oil filter/rotella oil

Do any of youe Wr450 riders use these stainless stell oil filters?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CompFlow-Stainless-Oil-Filter-WR-450-F-WR450F-03-07_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ230325865080QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

At $53 they are expensive but an OEM filter goes for $13. This thing here will pay for itself within the first year doing regular oil changes.

Also does anyone use the rotella 15/40 oil that walmart sells? I'm nuts about oil changes to the point of almost over doing it and am just trying to be a bit cheap here. If I have to use regular motorcycle oil I will but if I can get by with this stuff then all the better... Thanks

synth_cj4.jpg

I've been using this one for the last year. I have absolutely no complaints. Thought it might be a little light for the summer but it worked out very well. However, I'm religious about changing the oil frequently. I use a OEM filter.

i used to run rotella 15w40 in my diesel , its a good oil . i now run valvoline full synthetic 5w40 in it because i can get a better deal on it , personally its a better oil for the diesel .

personally in the bike i run motorex i think , i duno some switzerlandish semi-synthetic oil . i personally really like it .

your getting ripped at 13$ for a filter i get mine for about 4$ .

scotts stainless filter if you do buy one .

lots of people run rotella with out any problems , i know way to much about oils to put rottella in my bike , do i actually think it will cause a problem or premature wear ? everyone has a different take on it . i play it safe with a motorcycle specific oil .

any time it seems like its expensive i just think about my aprilia and its 20$ a liter oil , any other oil and it just shifts like crap . as soon as i put in there recommended oil it purrs like a kitten , maybe its because its 10w60 .

some people believe oil is oil , i have been on job sites were they have 2-3 million dollar peices of equipment and they only orderrf one oil 10wt . thats it , gear box , diffs , hydralics , engine , tranny , swing drives , pump drives everything got 10 wt . nothing blew up .

how ever i convinced them to order 10wt , 30 wt , iso 46 , atf , 15w40 , 80w90 . i dont want to know what the diffs looked like with 10 wt in them since it doesn't have ep additives . *shudders*

NO...you want to use the diesel shell rotella (or any diesel oil for that matter)...

I have no complaints with the shell rotella...heck my 06 had 11k miles before i sold it?

08-07038.jpg

Usually don't get involved in oil threads but...

+++eleventy billion on the Rotella T Diesel.

Scott's Stainless oil filter, not so sure...