HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobFromOmaha

Gift idea for a 426 rider

13 posts in this topic

Hey Yamaha guys

Got any cool gift ideas for a guy who owns a 02 426? Could be a nice to have tool. Could be a cool anodized part. Looking to spend between 50 to 100

thanks

bob

What does he need?

Here are a few general ideas in that price range.

Pro Taper bars, Chain, ASV levers (check e-bay for factory refurbished ones, I got mine there cheap), Fuel screw, Gloves, Jersey........

Thats just it. He doesn't 'need' anything. He's got the necessities. Thought I would get him something flashy or perhaps a tool you guys came across that make things a heck of a lot easier on these bikes

the asv levers are a good idea. I will check them out.

Keep the ideas coming!

A JD Jet kit or a new back tire would be a good gift. Either one would top any of the gifts I normally get. :lol:

What about that tool that holds the tire bead in place when you are putting a tire back on, and a nice set (3) tire spoons.

Bead buddy

I really like mine, it makes tire replacement a lot easier.

I have always tried to do some snooping around on the down low. Try to go hang out and give his steed a look over to kinda see what might need upgrading or replacing. Otherwise it is just a cr@pshoot hoping for the best. But I can tell ya this my 01 426 needs a new set of levers and I am wanting a set of asv's. Want my address....lol ?

Guys, thanks for all your suggestions!!! He has lot of stuff for it already so it was tough.

In the end, I bought him a fender tool pack, Billy Who funnel (love my crf one) and some fork bleeders.

I have always tried to do some snooping around on the down low. Try to go hang out and give his steed a look over to kinda see what might need upgrading or replacing. Otherwise it is just a cr@pshoot hoping for the best. But I can tell ya this my 01 426 needs a new set of levers and I am wanting a set of asv's. Want my address....lol ?

:lol: You betcha!

Buy a HotCams auto-decomp exhaust cam for him (if he doesn't own one already) and he will thank you all his life :lol:

yep, he had that one already. One of the first things he got I believe. Total lifesaver

I got me a model of my 426. They are like 1/6th scale or something. Got mine at harbor freight for like 13 bucks, but I see them on ebay too for cheap. Just an idea.

So bob here is another list of things for the future.

1. A box of oil filters and a case of oil

2. Magnetic engine/frame drain plugs

3. Billet axel blocks

4. Grips

5. Radiator guards /braces

6. A jug of Engine ice

7. Chain and sprockets

8. AP diaphram for an 02

9. Extended fuel mixture screw

10. My personal fav a tank of gas and a ride out to the trails.....