HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gator4life108

98 WR400 Headlight

10 posts in this topic

I recently acquired a 98 WR400, there is currently no headlight on it, just a number plate. It does have a engine kill switch.

My question is, didnt all WR400's come with a headlight?

Can one be hooked up with ease. Anyone have any experience with this.

Thanks,

They all came with a headlight. I'm sure it was there at some point just that someone took it off. Meaning that the wiring is probably there. If the wiring is there just get a used one off of ebay.

Austin

I have checked up and down the entire frame and I can't find anything, thats what seemed so odd about it.

Thanks,

1 person likes this

So, still trying to figure out the wiring for this headlight.........there are no loose or cut wires that would make me think that there was ever a headlight on the bike.

Could someone tell me where the headlight would normally plug into? or wire into

Thanks,

Mike

Mine has a 3 wire plug. Yellow black and blue. The plug is on the main frame behind the petcock. This plug has hot power ( yellow wire ) from the stator/regulator, the headlight switch plugs into this plug, blue wire runs to the tail light, black is ground.

Absolutely nothing.....Im starting to think that my bike is really a YZ, the guy that sold it to me said it was a WR.

It has all the characteristics of a YZ, but I have no way to tell.

The muffler in your other post looks to be stock WR. 18 or 19 inch rear wheel? 18 is WR, 19 is YZ (though they can be swapped)...Does it have a voltage regulator on the L/H side of the steering stem (about a 2 x 3 inch box with fins on it)? If you pull the magneto cover (L/H side cover), is the flywheel a big ole thing that covers the coils (WR), or an internal rotor one that rotates inside the coils (YZ)?

The muffler in your other post looks to be stock WR. 18 or 19 inch rear wheel? 18 is WR, 19 is YZ (though they can be swapped)...Does it have a voltage regulator on the L/H side of the steering stem (about a 2 x 3 inch box with fins on it)? If you pull the magneto cover (L/H side cover), is the flywheel a big ole thing that covers the coils (WR), or an internal rotor one that rotates inside the coils (YZ)?

Just checked the bike. It has a 19 inch wheel and no voltage regulator, no signs of one ever being there either.

Gotta go to work so didn't have time to pull the magneto cover.