HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dezertracer230

Do I have a fly wheel weight????

5 posts in this topic

I got a 46 tooth rear sprocket today for my 2005 YZF450 and the guy said i should buy a fly wheel weight. I went from 15 front 50 rear to a 15 front 46 rear. when i rode it i could tell there was a difference, a lot more top speed which is what. If it works good now does that mean i already have a fly wheel weight?

No it doesn't mean that you have an aftermarket one but it is possible that you do if it's a used bike. He prolly meant that 1st gear is gonna be so high and stalling is gonna be an issue unless your good with the clutch?

Stock gearing on the '05 was 14/51. The gearing I ran on my '03 would be the same as you running a 14/49. You are the equivalent of 6 teeth higher than that. I can't imagine it does very well in any of the tighter sections.

i run a 14/47 on my 08 yz450F and i race flat track. still pulls 2nd gear starts and everything is still stock, i dont even have a pipe.