anybody try seafoam?

I was wondering if this is ok? I allready put a shot in the fuel and it instantly starts easier, I hope its not bad for the engine. I thought it might clean the jets out a bit.

I was wondering if this is ok? I allready put a shot in the fuel and it instantly starts easier, I hope its not bad for the engine. I thought it might clean the jets out a bit.

it has been used by a couple of members with good results. Search the topic.

In your truck or car ok, otherwise clean the carburetor.

I first started using in my boat motor then car now all three of my dirt bikes you wont find a better product out there.

In your truck or car ok, otherwise clean the carburetor.

+1. :lol: If the carb is dirty, then clean it.

Seafoam does not help start the bike. I have been buying the lucus oil cleaner lately.

We used sea foam for some time on boats (trying not to pull an engine), use it on all the engines.

Nissan maxima, part of a yearly tune up before winter. I get tons of smoke while cleaning the intake.

Ford Expedition and Explorer almost no smoke at all.

YZ 426 - no smoke, did it once about 2 years ago.

XR100 blew smoke but I feel its from the intake areas and not the carb.

Seafoam does not help start the bike.
Not directly, no. But it is a fuel stabilizer, as is Sta-Bil, and in that regard, can make an engine with old fuel in it a little friendlier. Seafoam also has the ability to absorb water droplets that might be rolling around in the fuel. Since such water, if in the carb bowl, can block a jet if drawn into it, additives with hygroscopic abilities can produce an immediate improvement by absorbing and dispersing the water.
Not directly, no. But it is a fuel stabilizer, as is Sta-Bil, and in that regard, can make an engine with old fuel in it a little friendlier. Seafoam also has the ability to absorb water droplets that might be rolling around in the fuel. Since such water, if in the carb bowl, can block a jet if drawn into it, additives with hygroscopic abilities can produce an immediate improvement by absorbing and dispersing the water.

I wouldn't use it in anything I used it in my Air Nautique consistently and it caused me to go through 3 fuel pumps no more Seafoam no more new fuel pumps to buy.

I've used it when winterizing all my toys and have had no issues. It makes a great fuel stabilizer.