please post here: NO woodruff key problems

#0986,no problems so far with 110 miles on bike since 1/25. Had shop call Yamaha the Monday after picking up my bike. They had me bring it right back so they could check it out.

No problems yet, 100 miles later. Three day weekend coming up with woods rides everyday, trial by fire...

Well I put another 100 miles on the WR and everythings still good. I rode fast single track, super tight woods stuff and wide open speed runs. I also put on about 20 miles in a pretty good downpour and was happy to see the e-start button work just fine. BTW when you have on of these wide open, the trees are going by pretty quick!

Paul Willhauck- purchased 2/3/03,have not ridden yet. It wont stop snowing long enough. : ? Dealer was not willing to just check torque on Flywheel based on what I was reading on the Internet.They said to just ride it & break it in.By the way,where is my production # anyway? :D

Robert, #0529, 2/13/03, Maryland, I told the Yamy shop about the concern with the rotor torque, they hit it with an impact wrench!!!!(I couldn't believe it) checked the torque at home and still was under 47 ft lb. Lossened it , retorqued it to 47 ft-lb, No problems yet. 5 miles on it.

DennisT. Picked my bike in Lancaster Ohio on 1-24-03. Last 4 #1103. Only 3 mi so far(too much snow). After reading about the trouble some were having I called the dealer and he checked with Yamaha and told me to bring it back and they would check it. No problem with the key but said the plug looked fouled. Put a new plug in for me and now I'm still waiting on the stinking weather.

Rod, 2-1-03, 1256, Macon GA. (but my dealer is Thompsons in Huntsville TN.), 2 miles on bike, Checked torque = 30 ft-lb and adjust it to 50 FT-LB. Jetted to 160 MJ, 48PJ befor started, ordered: #100PAJ, 5NL-14916-EN-00 (#OBELN)(YZ250F 2003), 5TJ-14916-D1 #DUQ (richer jet), and 5TA-14916-JN-00 (#NDJN)(from YZ-450F 2003) For off idle bog. Snow, Rain no time to test! ?