Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
profarm

looking at an 02 426

9 posts in this topic

i have a 02 wr426f, love it!

Can't go wrong, u will need a strong kick!

Mine is street legal!

DO IT!!

Uhhh I'm not sure what this whole strong kick deal is. Mine kicks over easily. Now if I don't use the compression release and "the drill" then yeah the strongest leg in the world won't help.

But anyway I have the same bike and it's great! I've never had any problems and no mechanical problems, just mods. Way too many mods = $$$$$

Uhhh I'm not sure what this whole strong kick deal is. Mine kicks over easily. Now if I don't use the compression release and "the drill" then yeah the strongest leg in the world won't help.

But anyway I have the same bike and it's great! I've never had any problems and no mechanical problems, just mods. Way too many mods = $$$$$

I agree. If you know how to start these bikes then they fire right up or something is wrong. When I first got my bike I had a he$$ of a time starting it and yes my leg got tired, but in a couple of rides I was starting it first kick.

Austin

I haven't ridden mine much I just got it this week but love is so far. I can go out there right now ay 20 degrees and start it on the 2nd kick. But it does have the yz cam in it

The strong leg thing is that they have really good compression. You have to put a good amount of inital force on the kick starter to get the engine moving. If tuned right they start real quick. I know some people who could not kick it. I have no issues. If you a pretty solid guy no worries. Once you get the kicking thing down its kool. I would reccomend that you wear your riding boot on the kicking leg at first. Mine put a cut in the sole of my sneaker. They can also kick back and smack your calf good. I learned that lesson years ago on a RM125 where I still have a nice scar. If it is nice get it. Super solid bikes. They are the XR of modern bikes for sure.