07 Yz450 Header Pipe Question

Ive got a 07 yz450 - which ive now smashed 2 x TI header pipes on. Yep, i ride aggressive thru the woods.

My question... will a GYT-5TA93-50-00 - 2003-2005 Stainless header pipe fit onto the 07, and slide into the rear can?

It looks as if it will, but i cant be sure andi cant get a pipe to try.

It is a smaller diameter at the midpipe.

My question... will a GYT-5TA93-50-00 - 2003-2005 Stainless header pipe fit onto the 07, and slide into the rear can?

No. Looking at the page you found it on, it specifies that it is NOT a replacement header for the stock exhaust, only for the GYT-R pipe.

You may want to look into using the header from a YFZ quad, but as KJ mentioned, there are differences in the outlet diameter to be looked at. A full DRD system would be another approach.

i second the full Dr. D suggestion......love mine!

No. Looking at the page you found it on, it specifies that it is NOT a replacement header for the stock exhaust, only for the GYT-R pipe.

You may want to look into using the header from a YFZ quad, but as KJ mentioned, there are differences in the outlet diameter to be looked at. A full DRD system would be another approach.

Yep, i know it says only GYT-R pipe, however it has the step in the pipe just like the 07 factory header does.

The bend looks right - its just a question if the mid pipe diameter is the same as stock pipe?

It is a smaller diameter at the midpipe.

Is this certain?

Is this certain?

Yes, the diameter at the midpipe was the same from 03-06, for 07 Yamaha went for a larger diameter header through the midpipe joint.

Yes, the diameter at the midpipe was the same from 03-06, for 07 Yamaha went for a larger diameter header through the midpipe joint.

Yep, thats mate.

I just found that info, however - as this is designed to work with the GYT-R can, i was thinking perhaps the can has the bigger mid pipe ID?

Yep, thats mate.

I just found that info, however - as this is designed to work with the GYT-R can, i was thinking perhaps the can has the bigger mid pipe ID?

The GYT-R slip-on is designed to fit the stock header, so I'm going to say that the GYT-R header to match that slip on has the same diameter at the midpipe joint as the stock header.

Why not just buy a GYT-R (or any other brand for that matter) stainless header for an 07-09 YZ450F?

The GYT-R slip-on is designed to fit the stock header, so I'm going to say that the GYT-R header to match that slip on has the same diameter at the midpipe joint as the stock header.

Why not just buy a GYT-R (or any other brand for that matter) stainless header for an 07-09 YZ450F?

Neither the slip-on nor the replacement header appears to be listed for the '07. The GYT-R site shows only a complete system for that year.

Couldnt be bother with all the stuffing around, went and bought materials and made one.

$40 header. and imho will work real well.

header.jpg