2005 YZ 450 Woods Gearing

I just installed the yamaha offroad flywheel and currently running a 12 tooth front sprocket and a 52 on back but want to get a bit more top speed. Is anyone else running a 2005 with the yamaha offroad flywheel?

just drop two teeth on the back sprocket

I have the same bike with 13/50 and a flywheel and have cooked a couple of clutches in the tight stuff..... keep it as a desert bike now but am curious what others are doing for the woods

12/52 ??? Dayum! I ride woods a bunch and 13/50 is great for me. Can't imagine what 1st and 2nd gear is like on your bike....

I ride mainly single and double track in the woods and I run 14/47 on my 04 I rarely use the clutch just try to carry more speed in the tight stuff instead.

I dropped a single on the front, seems to work well.

If you can, I rode a 250F with a rekluse. It is actually scary. I have one currently on order :thumbsup:

I just installed the yamaha offroad flywheel and currently running a 12 tooth front sprocket and a 52 on back but want to get a bit more top speed. Is anyone else running a 2005 with the yamaha offroad flywheel?

I'm thinking about putting a 12 on the front but am hesitant due to slider wear..... Is the 12 tooth front eating up your chain slider?

13/49 just isn't low enough for the really nasty stuff.