HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeeper33

2000 yz426 grey oil out of breather hose

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone:

I've come across an odd situation on my 2000 YZ426F. I have grey oil coming out of my breather hose (on the valve cover). The odd thing is, my oil is perfectly fine. I would expect all of my oil to be discolored if I had a problem with my water pump or something grinding in my engine. I'll be taking a look at a few things in the next couple days//weeks, and hope to have a better udnerstanding of whats going on later. For now, anyone have any idea what can cause this? When I saw the grey oil I was initially very worried, and immediately changed my oil, and my oil was just as any used oil would be expected to be. I run full synthetic, no friction modidfiers etc. through the engine, and I've never had problems with it before. Is it possible theres something weird happening int he valve cover that is discoloring the blow-out oil?

Thanks in advance for reading this!

--Jeeper33

Atmospheric moisture is all. As you say, your oil would be visibly contaminated if the water were coming from there. It's pretty normal in humid climates.