HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shawnbassett26

Ideas on how to fill oil on 426... not your average oil change.

17 posts in this topic

Ok will i have my 426 and i have the wet sump kit and a DSP carbon stator cover (with no timing plugs). The only way i can think to put oil in the motor is through the breather tube on the valve cover or take the valve cover off. I wish it had a standard oil fill... Anyone very had this combo?

~Shawn @ BMS

You could always flip the bike on its top and fill through the drain hole! haha just messin, I think your best bet is through the vent tube or valve cover.

Id like to tap my case, but i think ill just pull the cover... or flip my bike over... If any one has a good idea let me know.

~Shawn @ BMS

Id like to tap my case, but i think ill just pull the cover... or flip my bike over... If any one has a good idea let me know.

~Shawn @ BMS

that might work but you would have to be very careful drilling. wouldent want it to start to crack... i would also pull the side case off when doing so.

I would just put the oil in through the breather. No need to drill the cases and it only requires taking the tank off when changing the oil.

Laying the bike on its side is not an option, the motor is in a road racing bike and i think that would be more trouble than its worth..... Im just going to full it through the valve cover.

~Shawn @ BMS

Don't you have the dipstick up top on the frame?
In his first post, he said...
i have the wet sump kit
...meaning there is no external oil tank anymore. What he didn't say here was that it's in a custom road race frame, so no, no filler on the frame.

Don't you have the dipstick up top on the frame? I have a 2001 426 and this is where I fill the oil.

Brandon

why do you fill the oil where the dip stick is?

why do you fill the oil where the dip stick is?

That is where you fill the 426's in stock configuration.

I'd just go buy a stock 426 crankcase cover and fill through the timing plug...carbon fiber is over-rated...;-)