does anyone know where to buy canadian parts?

I took my bike to the dealership the other day for some valve problems and to my surprise they found out that my bike is a canadian model. The service manager said I need a color coded valve bucket and a new valve but they can't buy canadian parts. If I can't find them I will need to replace the whole cylnder and valves with american ones and it will cost me over a $1000 in parts.

If you have a phone # to a dealership in canada close to vancouver, let me know. Or if this has happened to you please let me know what you did. Thanks

I bought the bike from a guy in oregon and brought it back to washington where I live so I had no idea it was a canadain bike and don't have a clue where he bought it. I found some dealerships in vancouver and i am going to call them in the morning.

dude i know. I was totally being a smartass. I have a constitutional right to do so. lol Of course you buy them from canadia. cant wait till you come down in the fall. we have found some kickass trails. Sweet.

chris

check and see if it has a grey wire. Check and see if the exhaust is diffrent. that will tell you. that is if your bike had a stock exhaust on it to begin with. Also look up the VIN on the net. I believe that will telly ou were it was from.

Chris

I'm with SoCal on this one . My first guess was you were being fed a line. I never heard of a hard parts difference between the US and Canadians other than the carb, muffler,tires,trip meter in metric and some shock stuff. I checked into it thoroughly as I was looking at buying one. Mark

[ July 31, 2002: Message edited by: AZWR426 ]