aluminum subframe?

Right before I bought my 2000WR400 I read the 24 hour shootout in DIRTRIDER and they said that "New for 2000 was an aluminum subframe.". Mine came with a steel one as did one of my friends. That had a little to do with my buying decision and I was kinda ticked when I found it rusting :). Did we get ripped-did anyone get alum. on their 2000? Also, where can I get an alum. one?

------------------

DRZ400E: Where's the power on this thing?

don't be bummed dude...

My 01 wr has a iron subframe too...

Only the YZ 426 gets the Aluminum subframe, our lowly WR's do not. You can buy one from GYT or some aftermarket dealers though.

------------------

00 WZ400

01 Yamaha Raptor

99 Kawasaki ZRX1100

99 Yamaha Warrior

OH DARN! Well now I have 1 more thing to put on the wishlist. Has anyone seen the new throttle tube from oberg sports? it's got a bearing in it and it is supposed to be slicker than a drz owners garage floor! they have sweet products! www.obergsports.com

------------------

DRZ400E: Where's the power on this thing?

BBR makes a superb aluminum subframe for about 300.

Also of note in the weight-savings category for those with more money than brains:

BBR makes a COMPLETE aluminum frame/subframe to hold a WR/YZ motor. However, you need to have all the major CR components to put one together as this conversion is basically a Yamaha engine stuffed into a modified Honda CR250 frame. Quite spendy too, but I'll bet it really cooks!

When my rear brake lever got gooshed into a Led Zeppelin roachclip by yet another Arizona rock, I installed BBR's billet brake lever instead of another stocker. Money well spent boys, as it pivots on needle bearings and includes a "brake snake" cable as well for deterring wayward tree saplings.

BBR - a.k.a "God" for serious thumpheads!

------------------

Phoenix, Arizona - home of the Arizona Trail Riders and the Desert Mountain Enduro Series. Visit ATR at .

1999 WR400, street legal!, YZ timing, sans airbox lid, throttle stop trimmed, FMF oversized headpipe, Power Core IV-SA exhaust, Race Tech suspension, IMS YZ desert tank/seat combo, FMF 909 bars and grips, *Aluminum Bark Busters, *UFO hand guards, *Moose skidplate, *Scotts rear disc guard, *Acerbis front disc guard (*all items a must in AZ!), Water-Wetter in radiator. Billetanium hydraulic clutch and a Scotts steering damper is next...

[This message has been edited by AZJeff_99WR400 (edited 02-14-2001).]