Precision concepts?

Why in the hell would they put Eibach .46 back in?? Wish they were open on Saturday.

A lot of factors here and the springs are only part of it. Precision valved your suspension based on your input. Not sure what info you gave them about your riding ability or the kind of riding you do, but that's just as important as the spring stiffness and your weight. Definitely evaluate how it performs for you first before worrying about the spring rates. Rarely have I heard of anyone not come away completely amazed at the quality of their suspension after having it returned to them. If I'm not mistaken, I think they also advertise that you can continue to return it to them up to 6 months until you are happy with it. The springs in those forks are designed to work with the valving they installed so I'm only saying to give it a couple of good workouts before worring about it.

It might be great for all I know, but do you want to pay 110 bucks for something you already have?

Absolutely not and maybe I misunderstood. I thought you were expecting firmer springs and they put your .46's back in. If they just charged you for another set of .46's then I would definitely be looking for some cash back. I guessing there is not a whole lot of difference between Yamaha and Eibach springs. What did they charge for the whole job and did it include the rear?

I just took in the front, can't afford both right now. For valves and springs, oil and polishing internals 397.95 or something like that. The lady was acting all confused when I picked up the forks, the Precision Concepts in Corona or where said I needed .48 and so has everyother shop I have talked to.

I am just puzzled.

Well... don't go only on racetech's suggestion.

In my quest to have the perfect suspension, I've had it done by a couple of very, very popular tuners here in so cal. Each time, they tell me that they prefer to use their own components. Now... I do know that they make more money when they sell us springs, but then again, the guarantee that they give you assumes that you are using "their stuff".

The first time, I fell for the old "we need to replace your springs" sales pitch. The second time, I didn't because they were the same. The valving is equally as important as the spring since it controls the ride height. The third time, I ok'd the change because we went from a .46 to a .48.

Personally, I am 205 without gear and I now have a .48 spring (5.8 rear) with softer valving for the initial part of the stroke. I like the feeling of a firm bike beneath me that doesn't wallow. Its a matter of preference. That being said, I am only 1 or 2 clicks out on both rebound and compression on the forks. Not a lot of room to soften it up more, but quite honestly, its been 6-8 months since I've even considered looking at the clickers. I don't need to change it.

If the bike rides ok, then just accept it.

I believe there are only two manufacturers or springs in the us, so using their own stuff is bs. All I wanted was a .48 and valving and servicing, didn't happen, will let you know what happens, I hope it was a honest mistake. Road it today @ Glamis, felt the same bottomed out the front on some hard hits, not fun.

Mark is a good guy...he has always treated me fair!?

I have had other luck with Mark from PC El Cajon, they do poor engine work and don't stand behind it. I had a larger piston in my WR and they kept trying to modify a stock head gasket to save a few $$. Finally they got a cometic oversized gasket and the problem was fixed.

I weigh 190ish and had .48 springs in the front. Make sure that when they put the .48 in they don't charge you again. Mark's wife will try to, she is less than pleasant and not as honest as one would hope.

Regardless of their BS, they do great suspension thanks to Bob Bell in Corona, but they will never see another dollar of mine.

Glad it worked out for you, DrzDasher.

I brought my forks in today: I called a couple weeks ago to see what rate fork springs they were going to install, etc, so I found some on ktmtalk along with some seals. Thinking I was going to just get hit with the $180 and fluid ($21) for the revalve, she added $40 for "fork polishing" without saying a word. Before leaving, I asked her about it and she said it's the prevent binding / stiction... I knew they'd get me for more than $200, but when people stand by the quality of their valving, it's tough to argue.