Need some info on home built Dual Sport Kit.....

Don't know, but you could put it in the same circuit as the ignition button, which would accomplish the same thing.

Does anyone know if a WR450 will kick start if the battery is disconnected?

it will start but wont run very well...

I have found that nothuing lasts. Just get it together to pass the inspection. I have the B/D light/bracket on mine. It hasnt broken off yet, many crashes. I think its the only thing left from my d/s that still works.

hey there johnnyjeep! how's it going? it's been awhile since I've seen you around here? still got that big tank? I'm about to put mine back on for a trip into Big Bend, tx.

and to pass inspection I've got just about the most ugly setup i think I've ever seen! I used an old license plate ...... and part/piece from the last fix/repair ...

but based on how this works out I'll fab something nicer,

.... maybe even with blinkers?

platefeb09.jpg

it will start but wont run very well...

Where does the power come from for the spark? Does the Rectifier/Regulator run only to the battery or does it also run to the coil?

Don't know, but you could put it in the same circuit as the ignition button, which would accomplish the same thing.

I'm trying to minimize modifying the stock harness. Cutting power at this point would keep all lights from working and bike from starting.