HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yama4life07

Dr. D Exhaust

12 posts in this topic

OK SO HERE IS MY DILEMA I BOUGHT A DR D SPARK ARRESTOR EXHAUST OFF OF A GUY AND IT IS NOT LINING UP WITH MY STOCK HEADER PIPE. I GOT A SMOKIN DEAL BUT I FOUND OUT LATER THAT YOU NEED THE HEADER PIPE AS WELL. I AM WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU GUYS HAVE CUT THE STOCK 2007 YZ450F EXHAUST MANAFOLD TO MAKE ONE OF THESE THING FIT. i DO NOT WANT TO BUT THE DR D HEADER CAUSE IT WOULD MAKE CHANGING MY OIL A NIGHTMARE. ANY HELP WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATED.

Your first dilemma is that you type with the Caps Lock on, which makes everyone think you're yelling at them.

Next, loosening one header bolt and prying the pipe out of the way hardly qualifies as a nightmare in my world, but you can solve the problem the way I did, if you like. Get a slightly longer bolt than the one in the front of the filter cover and cut the head off it. Make a stud out of it by threading the end, and screw it into the hole occupied by the long bolt. Cut it down so that just enough thread extends for a lock nut, and then cut a slot in the end of it. LocTite it in place. The slot can be used to keep the stud from backing out with the nut, and you should be able to get the nut and cover off without moving the header.

I have the Dr.D full system on my 07 yz450 and I think he could have done a better job on the clearance for oil filter changes. I mean come on 500.00 for a pipe and you either have to make a stud or wrestle the header to change the filter. Also packing life is poor as well, maybe 10hrs.

Your first dilemma is that you type with the Caps Lock on, which makes everyone think you're yelling at them.

hahahaha you tell em man !

Wow I didn't know that this site was filled with computer and typing teachers.
It's nice to see that you learn, though.
I am thinking about cutting the stock header to fit the Dr D exhaust. Do you think that that is possible?
If you have both pipes, you should be able to tell whether the diameters match up at the point where it will slide together once the header is cut. If it physically fits together, it should work alright. Remember that the header is titanium, and quite thin, so don't plan to weld it unless you're an accomplished TIG operator.

I have the DRD full system on my 07 and I do not have to loosen the header pipe to change the oil filter. The top oil filter bolt just barely clears the header pipe on mine. No worries here.
Production variance. Most of the new style DRD headers interfere with the bolt.

So far so good everything has been going well so far I will post a pic of the finished product. No leaks so far and it feels really good but we will see tomarrow when I take it out.