HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cody54

Stock exhaust swap?

3 posts in this topic

Does anybody know if the 08-09 stock silencers will fit on an 06? I crunched mine and I'd like to swap out one of the newer "shorties" on it. Thanks in advance for your help guys

Does anybody know if the 08-09 stock silencers will fit on an 06? I crunched mine and I'd like to swap out one of the newer "shorties" on it. Thanks in advance for your help guys

if you want a new exhaust then i would get a aftermarket one or just get another stock one for a 2006 or 2007..

the "shorties" will take away the power in the low end a lot..

The shorties perform pretty poorly. The 07-09 have a larger diameter pipe at the midpipe joint. You may be able to just use the exhaust gasket for an 06 in the new midpipe, but I'm not positive. You can use a sleeve to make up the difference if you must, or just use a headpipe from an 07-09.