YZ426F or NOT?

Hi guys

I am very new here and need some information.

I have just purchased a 02 YZ426F??????, but I cannot find any information regarding the "model & Year" code, to confirm I have a 02 YZ426F?

The code under the seat is 5BE.

Can anyone helps

Cheers

Gary

New Zealand

What is the 10th digit in the VIN number that is stamped on the steering column?

Just answered my own question.

5BE = 2002 YZ426F NZ/Aust

Welcome to TT and congrats on the new bike. :lol:

Hey a fellow KIWI and also owns a yz426,,welcome to the kiwi 426 club ..lol.. they are great bikes , mines had the 450 cam mod so no decomp lever ,where abouts in nz are you ???

5BE is not necessarily even a YZ426.

Again, what is the tenth digit of the VIN code?

W, X, and Y are '98, '99, and 2000. 1=2001, 2=2002, and so on.

Hey a fellow KIWI and also owns a yz426,,welcome to the kiwi 426 club ..lol.. they are great bikes , mines had the 450 cam mod so no decomp lever ,where abouts in nz are you ???

Hey, I am in Dunedin.

I only purchased the bike as my 6 year old is into Motox and its a good way to have a bit of fun together. I used to ride some 25 years ago and what I have learnt very quickly is that you still ride as if you were 18, but it takes 10time longer to scrape yourself out of the dirt lol

I am more into collectable muscle cars, but since I have had the bike I haven't even looked at the cars, let alone drive them lol I am having too much fun, but I think need a knee brace or two lol I would enjoy it more if could get the bloody thing started lol They are NOT an easy bike to start!!!!

The 10th number is 2 = 02, and have confirmed from the local Yamaha shop that she is a YZ426F (Australia/New Zealand)

Cheers

Gary

Cheers

Gary